(this is from my other blog on blogspot… i wanted to add it into this blog as well)
I am a huge believer in dates even after being married for going on 3 years. I do not believe that the dating should ever stop. Dates are not just for high school kids, dating is a great way to spend one-on-one time with your loved one at any age! I live in a relatively small town and am always looking for cute date ideas. My husband and I also travel a lot and spend a lot of time in Portland, OR and so I like to save some of the date ideas I find and use them for when we travel. Here are a few of my favorites, some we have done and some I am hoping to do this summer! 😉
- Try live entertainment, such as a band at a local bar, instead of a movie.
- Pick a TV show, get a season’s worth on DVD and make a running date to watch it together every night. (we have done this with many TV shows and it has been some of the best time we have had!)
- Put on your sexiest stilettos; sip fancy cocktails at a hotel bar
- Too cold or wet for an outdoor picnic? Spread a blanket on the floor and have a carpet picnic.
- Invest in an ice-cream maker or a bread maker; then invent your own homemade treats.
- Grab a basketball and hit the free courts at the park
- Head to the highest point in town. Spend an early evening watching the twinkling lights turn on
- Paint coffee mugs at a paint-your-own-pottery place.
- Hit a farmers’ market and scavenge for your dinner
- Head to an ice skating rink and strap on skates for some icy fun
- Feed the ducks
- Ride a tandem bike
- Head to a batting cage and swing at some balls
- Map out a long bike ride through a local park
- Hit the golf-ball driving range
- Rent a fancy car. Tool around as if you actually own it
- Make a time capsule about your dating days to open 10 years from now